St. George Youth Association Maramangalam
Malankara Jacobite Syrian Christian Youth Association is the Youth Wing of Malankara Jacobite Syrian Christian Church, functioning under the Holy See of Antioch and all the East. It functions as per the supreme command of the Patriarch of Antioch and all the East. St. George Youth Association Maramangalam is a youth organization which works alongside St. George church and conducts and participates in charity work. The youth association does praiseworthy service during the Denaha, Easter and X’mas celebrations to maintain discipline among the multitudes.
Aims and Objectives
A Unit of the Malankara Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Youth Association is actively functioning in our Church. Its main aims and objectives are:-
- The growth of the church through the progress of the Youth, their upliftment and better prospects.
- To organize Career Guidance Programmes, Health Camps etc.
- Help in organizing X’mas Carols in the parish localities and assist Sunday School staff
- To become a firm and reliable source of support in the activities of the church and become a significant part of its developmental activities and growth.
- Carrying out Charitable and relief activities
- Orphanage visits
- Active Participation in “Manjanikkara Pilgrimage Services
- Active Participation in “Family Unit” activities
- To be an integral part of the Church’s History
The Youth Association has three mottos: Worship, Study and Service. Perhaps the first and most important motto is worship. The members come together and worship our God, Jesus Christ, singing and praying for all His blessings. The second motto is studying the Holy Bible, Holy faith and beliefs. The movement urges the members to read and study Bible while excelling in their academic activities. The third motto of Youth Association is to provide service by spreading the Gospel and helping the poor and the needy.
Youth Association activities in our Parish
We have a very active Youth Association unit in our parish. The members meet almost every week after the Holy Eucharist on Sundays. In addition to the regular prayer meetings, the Youth Association unit organizes monthly prayer meetings and Bible study sessions. Our unit also coordinates with the other units in organizing retreats and other activities. It is also very active at the Diocesan level. For more information about the Youth Association and its activities please contact the Vicar or the Web team. We encourage you to become part of Youth Association